Skip to main content

Scallop-edged pillowcase

I thought I would share one of my first makes today. 

I was visiting my local library when I came across Cath Kidston's sewing book. It had a pattern for a scallop-edged pillowcase inside it....I simply had to try my hand at making one of my own. This was my third sewing project ever! 

I googled for inspiration for fabrics and these pictures really inspired me:




These polka-dot pastel pillows are delightful!



Lacy heaven! The scallops really stand out in this pillowcase.



Abakhan Fabrics is usually my best bet for gorgeous fabrics so I went ahead and purchased 2 metres of lovely vintage-style floral fabric from Abakhan Fabrics, which is a treasure-trove of material! It cost me around £6.00 a metre. You can find the fabric here: 
https://www.abakhan.co.uk/roses-cotton-sky-112cm.html
Gorgeous fabric from Abakhan
It has a lilac background and is covered in pink roses - it has a real vintage feel to it. 


 Whilst making it, I was concerned that the scallops wouldn't be prominent enough, but after following the pattern religiously, the scallops turned out quite lovely. 

There are a few things which could be improved. I think I have made it a little too big and should have analysed the finished dimensions of the pattern before cutting out, but it's a start. 

Lessons learned!

Let me know what you think in the comments below :-)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A baby blue and pink crochet blanket for my beautiful niece!

My sister had the most gorgeous and angelic baby girl a few months ago. I had decided to make her a beautiful baby blue and pink crochet blanket and so began stitching my way through it.  Work got busy and baby R got bigger and my blanket was just not finishing up. As baby got bigger I would decide to add another row of granny squares until I got to the point where I was telling myself to finish the blanket already! Eventually, it WAS completed and presented before R got any bigger haha: What I used:  4mm needle and standard acrylic yarn used for this one.