Hi fellow crafters!
My brother-in-law is due to have a baby girl ;) Everyone is super excited and preparations are underway.
I wanted to present something handmade and decided to use my fairly new crochet skills to crochet a lovely jewel-toned baby blanket.
I used dark green, red and mustard yellow among other colours...autumnal colours somehow felt right, teamed up with cream coloured yarn to border each square.
Here is my work-in-progress:
A tutorial for the flower:
https://thelittletreasures.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-read-granny-square-charts.html?m=1
I had to modify a couple of things but mostly it is a good tutorial.
A great tutorial for the basic granny square:
https://rensfibreart.wordpress.com/2patterns-2/the-humble-granny-square/
Also bellacoco on YouTube!
A gorgeous crochet bedspread:
http://grandmotherspatternbook.com/?p=480
What do you think?
My brother-in-law is due to have a baby girl ;) Everyone is super excited and preparations are underway.
I wanted to present something handmade and decided to use my fairly new crochet skills to crochet a lovely jewel-toned baby blanket.
I used dark green, red and mustard yellow among other colours...autumnal colours somehow felt right, teamed up with cream coloured yarn to border each square.
Here is my work-in-progress:
Here is a shot of some random flowers inspired by the beautiful babouska rose blanket:
The babouska rose blanket is a stunner. See for yourself:
https://thelittletreasures.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-read-granny-square-charts.html?m=1
I had to modify a couple of things but mostly it is a good tutorial.
A great tutorial for the basic granny square:
https://rensfibreart.wordpress.com/2patterns-2/the-humble-granny-square/
Also bellacoco on YouTube!
A gorgeous crochet bedspread:
http://grandmotherspatternbook.com/?p=480
What do you think?


Comments
Post a Comment